House Price Crash Forum

Gold Vigilantes, All Required, No Ebay Scams

HOLA441
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Look at this 0.5g piece of crap from the london mint tossers, someone is going to be very unhappy when they see the actual size of it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/St-George-Dragon-24ct-Pure-Solid-Gold-Half-Crown-/140586531372?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item20bb9c3a2c#ht_829wt_1140

Incredible, 0.5g in coin form, weight not even mentioned in the listing either.

Some premium paid here, 360% over spot, must be a new record.

Still not to worry, when Gold hits £4783 an Oz the buyer will finally break even :lol:

HOLA443

Seems pretty scammy to me and the only thing that surprises me is that 10 dim bulbs have already bought it.

Maybe I should just go with the flow, turn to the dark side and rip off idiots.......there does seem to be an endless supply over here.

There is a iffy feature on ebay.

If you sell say 100 or something, when you get to about 90/100 sold you can 'restock' and change the price at the same time. Doing this allows you to retain the number of sold items on the listing and refresh the time date stamps (for a fee of course).

Therefore they could well have sold a number of reasonably priced gold coins, altered the listing significantly and the price so it looks like stock is flying off the shelves. It suckers people into paying over the odds, as it looks like everybody is doing it. They only need to catch one or two to make a significant amount of money. Ebay doesn't care, it gets the relisting/alteration/restocking fee and takes a cut from the final fee as well.

On low value items you sometimes get 450 sold out of a stock of 110 or something.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Hideous fake, still has 3 bids though but the buyers are lucky enough not to have cleared the idiot's reserve yet.

It really is an idiot fest over there http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULL-22ct-GOLD-SOVEREIGN-VICTORIA-JUBILEE-1887-/280719494301?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item415c2f8c9d#ht_500wt_1156

Got some bs reply from the seller in response to my mail about what I thought of her but it seems that feebay actually pulled the listing after me reporting it. Woohoo, strike one for us :D

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

£230? Where have you been? The cheapest sovs have been the past few days is £264 !

What he means is that they are asking £230 for those crappy coins which are not sovs, only weigh 6.1g and are 9ct.

So, about 2g of gold - actually worth about £70

HOLA4412

£230? Where have you been? The cheapest sovs have been the past few days is £264 !

Talking of sovs, been looking for some specifications recently as I'm looking to authenticate some before purchase, from a bullion point of view rather than a genuine sov point of view. Provided they are 7.98805g of 22kt Gold then I care not TBH.

Looking at the spec's on Wiki and on Chard the thickness seems to be wildly different.

As we Goldbugs know; "A fake made from lead to exactly the same thickness and diameter as a genuine sovereign would be 35% lighter than the genuine coin. If made the correct weight and diameter, it would be 54% too thick."

This is all well and good but if the Chard specs are to be believed then there is a thickness swing of 40%. Maybe Chard is talking horseshite? For 10 years they quoted the wrong serrations on Krugerrands and to this day they still don't specify that different Krugerrand minting years produced different min and max dimensions of the coins.

Any advise welcome as I'm looking to buy a bulk load of sovs and krugs, only interested in the krugs really but the seller won't split.

Edited by MrFlibble

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4413

Is it just me or are others noticing this too?

The high number of wackos on eBay requesting bank transfer or cash paid directly into their account. Obviously they are fraudsters with hijacked accounts, but the number of late seems to be rising rapidly, probably due to the price of Gold rising rapidly.

eBay now appears to be a no-go zone for Gold buying, not only are the premiums over spot being bid up silly but the infestation of scammers is reaching epidemic levels.

HOLA4414
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4415

Perhaps it was a coincidence but this listing ended within 15 minutes of my complaint. I complained on the basis that the claimed exemption to the distance selling regulations was spurious as the metal content had a value of about 1% of the price. I'd previously complained last week on the basis that the seller was attempting to defraud. However it was relisted today and had over 29 days left to run. When it gets relisted again I'll complain on the basis that it isn't bullion so shouldn't be listed under "Other Metal Bullion". I guess I'll eventually run out of complaints and it does get tiresome.

They were (appear to be sold out!) $49.95 for 10 from CMC Mint if anyone is curious as to where a lot of that "100 mills" and 1 grain rubbish comes from.

• 5 weeks later...
HOLA4416

Hi Guys,

Sorry to intrude on this thread, but I just posted this:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=171319

and was wondering if anyone who knows about authenticating sovereigns could have a quick look for me. I didn't want to post it here and take the thread off topic as it seems to be mostly to do with ebay scams (and the ones I've bought were from a reputable dealer and may be perfectly OK so didn't want to bring their name up in this thread). I'm a complete newbie to this so it may just be me worrying about nothing.

• 3 months later...
HOLA4417

Look at this bell end http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170789632520?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1203 from looking in his feedback (fb left for others) he bought those coins a few days ago for £33 and know full well that they are plated copies http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140702117821#ht_500wt_1182.

I reported it but dont hold out much hope of anyone at feebay giving a fuk. Sent him a message explaining that he had been rumbled, reported and what I thought of him.

If the listing isnt pulled by the morning then i will win the coins with a whopping bid and he can pay the final value fees to feebay as a lesson for being a ****.

HOLA4418

....and the reply from monsieur Bell End

"not frauding anyone if you don't agree don't bid im not selling as orignal if greedy people think theyre getting a bargin there fault"

Luckily for the dimwitted I think that my £5k bid should stand, lol

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I never recommend buying 1oz silver or gold coins on EBay. Especially here in the UK when we have a decent supply of sellers.

Have you ever bought a fake 1oz coin? Was it obviously a fake or did you have to weigh it/test it to find out?

scales will show up 90% of fakes. Experience will save you the other 10%.

I have come across 9ct sovs, which obviously come up light. Cast coins that are light generally because they are 9ct and obvious because of the way they look. Fake sovs stamped 22ct from the middle east which are actually made of 22ct so ok.

Never found a sov with a platinum slug which is how they used to fake them when they had no use or value for platinum.

There are fake krugs out there with tungsten cores that weigh right but they are slightly thicker than they should be and fail the ring test.

I havent had any nasty surprises from feebay yet though, problems there are mostly from bell ends selling obvious stuff.

HOLA4421

Look at this bell end http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170789632520?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1203 from looking in his feedback (fb left for others) he bought those coins a few days ago for £33 and know full well that they are plated copies http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140702117821#ht_500wt_1182.

I reported it but dont hold out much hope of anyone at feebay giving a fuk. Sent him a message explaining that he had been rumbled, reported and what I thought of him.

If the listing isnt pulled by the morning then i will win the coins with a whopping bid and he can pay the final value fees to feebay as a lesson for being a ****.

What a horrible turd, good on ya for spoiling his party!

HOLA4422
  • 8 months later...
HOLA4423

Been a while since I posted here, didnt see much point as threads were being drowned out by asheron lol

Anyways, fake silver bars already hitting ebay. They appear to be good copies and weigh right but this idiots feedback would suggest that they are easy to spot by those who know silver - probably due to their dimmensions.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Oz-SILVER-EAGLE-SILVER-BAR-SUNSHINE-MINT-/261125815548?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item3ccc4fbcfc

Obviously, I reported the seller but am not holding my breath

HOLA4424
HOLA4425