BINCHY

Am I The Original Dumbo?

11 posts in this topic

I wish to start a New Topic on the Board. I know that I can "save" what I have already typed by pressing Preview Post. I can then add to it or amend it and then press the New Post button to send it to the Board. However if I am unable (or do not wish) to complete my post at that time, how do I "Save" what I have already typed to come back to "later" (maybe even the next day)? I can see no symbol or instruction that allows me to "save". Can I "search" for the topic later if I have only "drafted" the post and not actually "posted it?

As I said in the topic title - "Am I the Original .......

I don't think there is forum software ability to save for another day. I would save my text on my own software -- amend it -- then copy and paste it.

Thanks doccyboy.

I think you may recognize me from the N.I. forum - to tell you the truth I was too embarrassed to post there - but - there is no hiding place - not even the I.O.M. forum!

What i do is write some posts in word copying quotes and links where neccessary. Getting used to forum code ie img and quote tags is useful for this. I then get a spell checker and i can write the post over many "sessions"

What i do is write some posts in word copying quotes and links where neccessary. Getting used to forum code ie img and quote tags is useful for this. I then get a spell checker and i can write the post over many "sessions"

Thanks Monkey

I will apply myself to getting used to forum code and I'll get that darn New Topic posted (in due course!).

I said a few days ago -- there is no such thing as a silly question on the NI forum. :)

We are all there to help each other - not to nitpick or insult people.

doccyboy

You are hardly going to believe this - but - the longish post I have prepared for the New Topic actually, quotes you (attributed) as saying "there is no such thing as......"! Also, strangely enough, the text contains the word nitpick - what I am writing about is an idea I have and am looking for people to pick holes in it.

I hope to get the posting done soon and am following the suggestions made, to enable me to do so.

Sorry to be obtuse Monkey but I am still struggling to get it. I had already prepared a long word document and have tried to copy (or cut) and paste. I can click on copy (or cut) on Word but how do I (can I?) "paste" it on here.?

Alternatively, I have tried to do it as an attachment - but that system only seems to allow me to attach a"browser" document i.e. with an URL. If I select a (the correct) word file using the Browse button I get a message back saying that I cannot use that type of file .

Any suggestions as to how I can proceed?

Sorry to be obtuse Monkey but I am still struggling to get it. I had already prepared a long word document and have tried to copy (or cut) and paste. I can click on copy (or cut) on Word but how do I (can I?) "paste" it on here.?

Alternatively, I have tried to do it as an attachment - but that system only seems to allow me to attach a"browser" document i.e. with an URL. If I select a (the correct) word file using the Browse button I get a message back saying that I cannot use that type of file .

Any suggestions as to how I can proceed?

The software goes wrong for me too at times/times out too soon - it might be cos of the ad/script blocker you use.

Highlight your blurb,> right click, > 'copy' > if it won't paste directly into the board with > 'mouse rt click, >'paste', use the Firefox? menu in top left > 'Edit' > 'paste'

(try to place mouse cursor in place where you want to paste first if it allows you! Click HPC board "preview post" to re-enable cursor in posting area if it won't let you)

(It's called 'Menu Bar' - if you don't have it enabled in Firefox right click on your 'tab bar' - click on "Menu Bar")

Edited by erranta

The software goes wrong for me too at times/times out too soon - it might be cos of the ad/script blocker you use.

Highlight your blurb,> right click, > 'copy' > if it won't paste directly into the board with > 'mouse rt click, >'paste', use the Firefox? menu in top left > 'Edit' > 'paste'

(try to place mouse cursor in place where you want to paste first if it allows you! Click HPC board "preview post" to re-enable cursor in posting area if it won't let you)

(It's called 'Menu Bar' - if you don't have it enabled in Firefox right click on your 'tab bar' - click on "Menu Bar")

Wow! erranta - that looks "technical" - but I'll give it a go.

Thank you

Wow! erranta - that looks "technical" - but I'll give it a go.

Thank you

To all previous responders - I took the liberty of posting the question on another Board and got the answer I needed. If you wish to see what seems a very straightforward method of uploading a Word Doc to include in your post, it is on a Topic called "Technical Detail" (in the Off-Topic Board) and was supplied by "tahoma". It has worked for me and I am delighted!

Thank you all for your suggestions.