Steppenpig

Balham Sw12 Hydefarm

278 posts in this topic

[quote name='Belgium' timestamp='1372686413' post='909350981']
Byrne Road a bit of an anomaly as well then I guess, what with the railway right behind?

I'd have thought those flats should have a bigger discount given the trains running through the back of the garden all day!?!?!?
[/quote]

And don't forget Fernlea Road!

Soon though there might be a bit of a glut. I hear 91 new apartments on Boundaries Road? That's going to take some time to shift, even in this buoyant market.

[quote name='Belgium' timestamp='1372686413' post='909350981']
Byrne Road a bit of an anomaly as well then I guess, what with the railway right behind?

I'd have thought those flats should have a bigger discount given the trains running through the back of the garden all day!?!?!?
[/quote]

i wouldn't really say "anomaly" as such.

all parts of balham have slightly different perceived quality, & hence price. most obviously, west of the high road has always been considered smarter [and hence more expensive] than the east, in general, but there are loads of pockets that buck this and other trends.

and even then all flats or houses or whatever are different.

e.g. the north side of oakmead road, backing onto the railway line, has historically been about 10% or so cheaper than the south side... and on somewhere like rowfant road, the houses that have du cane court looming over their back gardens are cheaper than t'other side by a similar margin.

[quote name='Boon' timestamp='1372686807' post='909350991']
And don't forget Fernlea Road!

Soon though there might be a bit of a glut. I hear 91 new apartments on Boundaries Road? That's going to take some time to shift, even in this buoyant market.
[/quote]

yeah - nappyvalley.com sent out an email today obviously hoping to get at least someone's back up but the [two] responses on the message board both seemed more or less positive and supportive.