CarbonBasedLifeform

Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites

13,210 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, developer said:

Yeah you are right about too much protein, I just made a post in another thread on this topic. Best amount of protein for my lean weight is between 100-120g a day if I'm working out.

Interesting thing is if you calculate 60g of carbs and 120g protein with almost no fats. That's barely 800 calories a day. I regularly eat well over 1500 cals a day so it's no wonder I'm stuck on 18% BF.

18% is not too bad to begin with i started at 40 plus !  around 13% is where you start to look good in the noddy :lol:.  i don`t calculate anything really just make sure i am eating a decent amount of protein and calorie count.  lifting is more important on dieting to retain muscle . 

Just come across this thread... Just sat nodding at each post.. No I'm going ti read from page 1.

Quality.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

21 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Just come across this thread... Just sat nodding at each post.. No I'm going ti read from page 1.

Quality.

It will take you a year to finish reading this thread.

Edited by developer

52 minutes ago, developer said:

One thing I can tell you, judging by your last post you had and may still have more bodyfat than me, it gets much more difficult the further you go. It's much harder going from 18 to 12% than 24 to 18% unless you have good genetics, are really super active or you would have to cut out the eggs or maybe keep 1 egg a day with daily cardio.

i am 27% at the moment , believe me i know its harder even at my bodyfat level , i was doing a stone a month now its 4lbs at best.  still slow and steady wins the race.  

why less eggs ?  everyone else i have spoken to has included eggs ?  

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutrients_calculator.htm

mine is 

CARBS: 178 G PER DAY.
PROTEIN: 178 G PER DAY.
FATS: 40 G PER DAY.

10 hours ago, developer said:

It will take you a year to finish reading this thread.

I suggest crowd funding its publication. Even though I don't agree with 30% of it, it's still essential reading.

12 hours ago, longgone said:

too much protein and you put the body under strain , i think it is roughly 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight.  i have protein shakes after workout and eats loads of chicken and eggs. 

it also depends how overweight you are the more overweight you are the more you lose initially, july and august last year i lost a stone a month, this year it is much more difficult i lose around 1lb a week at the moment. 

take photos and use a tape measure those are more accurate than what the scale says . 

fasting is a bad idea you will just burn muscle away before any fat. also lay off booze all together while on a cut .  

34lbs fat loss to go for me , hoping i can bulk up a stone of muscle afterwards with minimal fat gain . 

Your body burns fat before it burns muscle. I think !

1 hour ago, ccc said:

It burns both at the same time. That's why bodybuilders on a cut have to be careful.

58 minutes ago, frozen_out said:

It burns both at the same time. That's why bodybuilders on a cut have to be careful.

Interesting. I shall investigate.

38 minutes ago, ccc said:

I might be wrong but I thought anaerobic exercise depleted muscle.

Aerobic, steady exercise tends to burn more fat than anaerobic.

It might just be a 'belief' that has somehow crept into my memory banks.

I can never stay with diets (get bored or forget) so I figured out something that works for me and is easy to do. Hunger.

My reasoning is that people who are naturally at a healthy weight get just as hungry as overweight people trying to diet. The difference being the attitude towards their feelings of hunger. An overweight person can act as if feeling hungry is the end of the world but to the healthy, it's just normal. So I play the mind game of welcoming a bit of hunger.

I was 13.5st at 20 and 18st at 65yo, pretty much a linear progression of a stone per decade. It does creep up on you. Been doing the 'welcome hunger' thing for some months and I'm down to 17st. It's slow, a couple of pounds per month but the scale is moving in the right direction.

1 hour ago, ccc said:

Yep, I did 3 days of fasting and I feel like I have lost an equal amount of muscle and fat. I think if you do 7 days fasting it might be more like 2/3 fat 1/3 muscle but I didn't want to wait to find out. 

I think getting the body used to a constant source of carbs may not be a bad idea, I no longer believe carbs are 'the enemy'. But I do believe in carb cycling:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wescott4.htm

This is a really good article. I would say using this kind of carb cycling then eating 0.7g of protein per Lb of lean body weight and keeping fats to a minimum is a magic combination.

In the short-term you may gain both fat and muscle, but over the longer term you will build more muscle and less fat. I believe that our bodies are naturally trying to return to a partly genetically predisposed and partly determined by weight over life-time average weight. 

For this reason I am going to stop worrying about carbs. I will use carb cycling according to the article above even though it's way more carbs than I usually eat because I used to be 'low carb' camp. I know carbs will put my muscle gains on overdrive and that is more important to me than worrying about a little belly fat.

Hell I will start worrying about belly fat when I can bench press a set of 100kg.

lol. The 'man' (?) who is with this disgusting animal must be insane or blind:

4 hours ago, John51 said:

I was 13.5st at 20 and 18st at 65yo, pretty much a linear progression of a stone per decade. It does creep up on you. Been doing the 'welcome hunger' thing for some months and I'm down to 17st. It's slow, a couple of pounds per month but the scale is moving in the right direction.

It's also the wrong decision, read my posts above. If you are going to starve yourself. At least meet your protein needs, eat plenty of vegetables, and still eat at least 50g carbs a today such as a cup of rice.

8 hours ago, ccc said:

too much cardio and too low calories and it will burn muscle first , it`s easier for the body to metabolize muscle than fat. 

your body wants to survive ! your fat is your battery pack and it wants to keep it to survive , mix up exercises and have cheat days it needs to be confused as it will learn your routine and you will stop losing weight. 

4 hours ago, Errol said:

lol. The 'man' (?) who is with this disgusting animal must be insane or blind:

The deluded scrapper in it`s natural habitat :lol: , he should have feed it up till it was no longer a problem .

13 hours ago, longgone said:

too much cardio and too low calories and it will burn muscle first , it`s easier for the body to metabolize muscle than fat. 

your body wants to survive ! your fat is your battery pack and it wants to keep it to survive , mix up exercises and have cheat days it needs to be confused as it will learn your routine and you will stop losing weight. 

What I think works really well is to have your biggest meal about an hour before the gym. You got all that carbs to fuel your workout with no risk of burning muscle.

I have a theory that the solution to being in shape is giving your body carbs when it needs the energy. It has two benefits, firstly it will burn off some of the carbs you ate so you can eat a big carb meal more safely. Secondly it stops your body diving into muscle for fuel, as you say.

1 hour ago, developer said:

What I think works really well is to have your biggest meal about an hour before the gym. You got all that carbs to fuel your workout with no risk of burning muscle.

I have a theory that the solution to being in shape is giving your body carbs when it needs the energy. It has two benefits, firstly it will burn off some of the carbs you ate so you can eat a big carb meal more safely. Secondly it stops your body diving into muscle for fuel, as you say.

i doubt an hour would be long enough for the carbs to be extracted to be put to good news. 

personally i think fresh home cooked food in sensible proportions without sugar and additional added fat i.e oil, google how many calories there is in a table spoon of oil ! and avoid sauces like mayo and ketchup . use tabasco and lemon to flavour, chilli speeds up metabolism so cayne pepper in cooking works well. 

all these micro nutrient calculations are good for serious bodybuilders with bodyfat levels of <10% , i don`t worry too much about all that i`m 85lbs down so it works for me . 

use your muscles to keep them, if you can cut and still build muscle you are on to a winning formular, fatties starting out can lose fat and build muscle at the same time for a while.

i did plateau at 17st stuck at it for 2 months, i started mixing it up a bit with my workout and taking this for lunch instead of having a meal https://www.amazon.co.uk/SCI-MX-Nutrition-Diet-Meal-Strawberry/dp/B00E105V3Q

i am down 10lbs now.  

On 2017-6-15 at 4:33 PM, LC1 said:

Tattoo their foreheads? 

Tbh there are a hell of a lot of heavily tattooed muppets round my way, seems theyve taken it upon themselves to label their limbs/neck/etc for us so we can conveniently give them a wide berth :) 

The fact that they voluntarily brand themselves for life and pay for the priviledge is beyond be but it does remind me of the old Harry Enfield sketch;

Interviewer: "So why did you choose to tattoo your neck with the word 'Individual' then? 

Boy band member response: "Cos me mate had one.." 

Classic

I always think they look like plague victims when theyre walking towards me from a distance - big black blobs all over them, seems to be a worse phenomenon atm in the hot weather :)

I thought this article was relevant to the thread. Before I read it I was already planning to spend a lot more time going out clubbing and trying day game to see if I could use my personality to win over a girl despite being average. I think the same chance exists for anyone reading or partaking in this thread that is not confident with dating.

The most important thing any man can do when it comes to dating is be persistent. Don't give up even if you're getting rejections from 95% of the girls you meet because every girl you chat with is a chance to improve your chat game/ conversational skills.

http://mysupremacy.com/why-you-dont-have-a-girlfriend/

21 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

Tbh there are a hell of a lot of heavily tattooed muppets round my way, seems theyve taken it upon themselves to label their limbs/neck/etc for us so we can conveniently give them a wide berth :) 

The fact that they voluntarily brand themselves for life and pay for the priviledge is beyond be but it does remind me of the old Harry Enfield sketch;

Interviewer: "So why did you choose to tattoo your neck with the word 'Individual' then? 

Boy band member response: "Cos me mate had one.." 

Classic

I always think they look like plague victims when theyre walking towards me from a distance - big black blobs all over them, seems to be a worse phenomenon atm in the hot weather :)

I know the guy the tattoo sketch was based on. Mate of Paul Whitehouse . He had the tattoo done at a time when any visible tatts where considered down market and could make you unemployable . Nearly 40 years ago , how things have changed.

On 6/18/2017 at 10:01 AM, ccc said:

Okay, who turned DOSBODS into the <10% body fat thread?

And what's CCC of all people doing here? I thought the water fountain was your "dating site" and "hook up" place combined, and the fire office escape your idea of a "love nest". Don't tell me you are going soft on us. Too much listening to The Eagles, Desperado?

On 6/19/2017 at 7:48 PM, developer said:

I thought this article was relevant to the thread. Before I read it I was already planning to spend a lot more time going out clubbing and trying day game to see if I could use my personality to win over a girl despite being average. I think the same chance exists for anyone reading or partaking in this thread that is not confident with dating.

The most important thing any man can do when it comes to dating is be persistent. Don't give up even if you're getting rejections from 95% of the girls you meet because every girl you chat with is a chance to improve your chat game/ conversational skills.

http://mysupremacy.com/why-you-dont-have-a-girlfriend/

Agreed, it's a numbers game. Young men need to learn to get rid of 'oneitis' (the feeling that one particular girl is the only one for you and that even though she's obviously not interested you can somehow 'win' her) and need to learn to read the signals a woman gives off when she's not interested. Basically stop wasting time chasing women. 

On 6/18/2017 at 5:05 PM, developer said:

It's also the wrong decision, read my posts above. If you are going to starve yourself. At least meet your protein needs, eat plenty of vegetables, and still eat at least 50g carbs a today such as a cup of rice.

Wrong decision or not, it is giving me the result I want, losing weight rather than gaining it. I'm eating the same types of food I've always eaten, just less of it. I know that there is a lot of overlap but I'm doing this for 'more mobility now' rather than 'live longer' reasons. I'm also finding a welcome increase in mental alertness when a bit hungry. On the now rare occasions that I eat enough to feel stuffed, I feel so lethargic.

For me, 'starving myself' is when the hunger interferes with my day to day life. Have done too much of that when seriously broke, never again I hope.

Being a bit hungry between meals is now no never mind to me. Just as it is (I assume) no never mind to people of a healthy weight.

On 6/21/2017 at 2:04 PM, John51 said:

Being a bit hungry between meals is now no never mind to me. Just as it is (I assume) no never mind to people of a healthy weight.

Yeah you soon get used to it. I learned to put up with being a little bit hungry when I first went to university; laziness and tightfistedness meant I often skipped meals or just had something basic like a peanut butter sandwich. I've never been more than about half a stone overweight since. Good luck, hope it continues to work for you!