House Price Crash Forum

Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites

HOLA441
3 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Some comedian - Chris Rock I think - said men can't go back in terms of sex, but women can't go back in terms of lifestyle. Each gets used to a certain level and will refuse to go back to a perceived 'lower' level. 

Another interesting observation by someone in the manosphere was that perceived status is more important to most women than actual status. So a debt-ridden near bankrupt who spunks money on useless status symbols will appear more desirable to most women than a high net worth individual who lives frugally. A penniless musician who has a chance of becoming a rock star is more desirable than the owner of a successful chain of dry cleaning firms. A lieutenant who is tipped to become a colonel has more appeal than a competent but passed over major, etc etc. 

Yeah it was Chris Rock. I think both statements he made are true.

With regards to 'perceived' status - I think ambition, no matter how unrealistic, can make you very attractive. So the moderatley successful engineer who's happy with his lot will not be as attractive as someone who has 'big plans' to be an artist or something. Gavin McInnes made reference to this in one of his 'how to pull' type YouTube videos.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Yeah it was Chris Rock. I think both statements he made are true.

With regards to 'perceived' status - I think ambition, no matter how unrealistic, can make you very attractive. So the moderatley successful engineer who's happy with his lot will not be as attractive as someone who has 'big plans' to be an artist or something. Gavin McInnes made reference to this in one of his 'how to pull' type YouTube videos.

I guess the 'big plans' are the male equivalent of womens' makeup, corsets, push up bras, hair dyes, plastic surgery etc...the only difference is we see the 'real' woman the morning after we've first bedded her, but a man's 'big plans' can keep a relationship going for years!

Oddly enough I know someone like this - he's a lovely guy and I'm sure his ambitions are genuine, but his common-law missus has been saying he's about to hit the big time as an author for about five years now! (She's very successful in her own right). 

HOLA444
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

Oddly enough I know someone like this - he's a lovely guy and I'm sure his ambitions are genuine, but his common-law missus has been saying he's about to hit the big time as an author for about five years now! (She's very successful in her own right). 

Oh, I think I've found my niche. I could potentially be earning under minimum wage from a business and have 'big plans' for it to grow to a large company :D

HOLA445
On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:02 PM, SillyBilly said:

Haven't said up until now but I split up with my partner recently...and seemingly have wasted little time. I got chatting to a very attractive lady, younger than me, seemed into me. All too good to be true you say? Absolutely bats**t crazy. I thought it was odd when she was chasing me up all the time (normally attractive women are standoff ish and require the lame chase game). I have cut it dead just now, wishing her good luck. Final straw was her telling me when she marries (insinuation strongly being "marry me") I'll buy a second house in her hometown which she can go back to a month or two at a time. I was almost lost for words. For a woman I just met she was planning out everything already, including adopting a deaf kid. As she is approaching that age when women need to marry and have kids I got the impression she wants the first bloke with a bit of dollar now to just get the job done. I wonder how many blokes would enable this behaviour. I would rather a lifetime of solo microwave meals!

You should have said, "Look, seriously, how much do you have in savings......could you borrow a few grand from family maybe....it will be cheaper than that clinic you will need in a few years time......."  On the other hand she may be a great girl who fancies you and was trying out the Cocky/Funny approach? Go on....give her a chance.

HOLA446
9 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Some comedian - Chris Rock I think - said men can't go back in terms of sex, but women can't go back in terms of lifestyle. Each gets used to a certain level and will refuse to go back to a perceived 'lower' level. 

Another interesting observation by someone in the manosphere was that perceived status is more important to most women than actual status. So a debt-ridden near bankrupt who spunks money on useless status symbols will appear more desirable to most women than a high net worth individual who lives frugally. A penniless musician who has a chance of becoming a rock star is more desirable than the owner of a successful chain of dry cleaning firms. A lieutenant who is tipped to become a colonel has more appeal than a competent but passed over major, etc etc. 

And a guy who really doesn`t give a f*uck about her has higher status than the Queen....:lol:  Basically if you know who YOU are, and are comfortable with it, and believe that women are mad for you, there is very little that she can do about it......except be mad for you?

HOLA447
On 4/18/2017 at 4:02 PM, SillyBilly said:

Haven't said up until now but I split up with my partner recently...and seemingly have wasted little time. I got chatting to a very attractive lady, younger than me, seemed into me. All too good to be true you say? Absolutely bats**t crazy. I thought it was odd when she was chasing me up all the time (normally attractive women are standoff ish and require the lame chase game). I have cut it dead just now, wishing her good luck. Final straw was her telling me when she marries (insinuation strongly being "marry me") I'll buy a second house in her hometown which she can go back to a month or two at a time. I was almost lost for words. For a woman I just met she was planning out everything already, including adopting a deaf kid. As she is approaching that age when women need to marry and have kids I got the impression she wants the first bloke with a bit of dollar now to just get the job done. I wonder how many blokes would enable this behaviour. I would rather a lifetime of solo microwave meals!

welcome to the danger zone, Billy.  

HOLA448
HOLA449
22 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

You should have said, "Look, seriously, how much do you have in savings......could you borrow a few grand from family maybe....it will be cheaper than that clinic you will need in a few years time......."  On the other hand she may be a great girl who fancies you and was trying out the Cocky/Funny approach? Go on....give her a chance.

Trust me chap...something was off. I'm not desperate yet...:P.

HOLA4410
21 hours ago, wherebee said:

welcome to the danger zone, Billy.  

Aye, dodged a bullet. Interestingly it does prove the fact that women go crazy if they sense you losing interest or having other options. I have been bombarded by her since and the ex. The ex was in Paris (unknown to me) when the shooting happened...straight onto me after (quite telling in itself) and completely lost it that I wasn't falling over myself fretting for her safety (naturally if anything did happen I'd be devastated but...). In London this weekend so hoping to get chatting to some new people.

HOLA4411
On 4/20/2017 at 2:12 PM, Austin Allegro said:

That was a good talk but I don't agree with Peterson's assertion that if you don't have a family by 40 you are 'one lost soul.' It may be true for some, but I'm sure there are plenty of 'lost souls' who are married with children. Happiness comes from within, it can't come simply from living with a spouse and progeny. 

What you wrote should be true, but biology trumps rationality. I know a couple of elderly teachers who became very depressed in their later years because they never had children of their own. Similarly, I've known a few 50+  bachelors who were quite pitiful in the way they neglected themselves and their homes. Women tend to have wide social networks to which a male spouse or partner gains access, and providing for wives and children can give men a sense of purpose; both of these aid mental health. Older parents appear to me to be quite keen to see the arrival of grandchildren; is that programmed in to them, too? Maybe having kids brings hope in that you will leave behind something that will live on, and you can gain a vicarious pleasure from their achievements.

HOLA4412
11 hours ago, Millaise said:

What you wrote should be true, but biology trumps rationality. I know a couple of elderly teachers who became very depressed in their later years because they never had children of their own. Similarly, I've known a few 50+  bachelors who were quite pitiful in the way they neglected themselves and their homes. Women tend to have wide social networks to which a male spouse or partner gains access, and providing for wives and children can give men a sense of purpose; both of these aid mental health. Older parents appear to me to be quite keen to see the arrival of grandchildren; is that programmed in to them, too? Maybe having kids brings hope in that you will leave behind something that will live on, and you can gain a vicarious pleasure from their achievements.

I think being married with children brings happiness and fulfillment if you are somehow able to recreate the 1950s white-picket-fence family life. It's increasingly hard to do so in this day and age. Go on any MGTOW forum and you'll see there are a lot of men whose lives have been shattered by divorce and who have little or no access to their children despite having to pay for them and watch their ex-wife shack up with another man. To be honest I'd rather be slightly unhappily single and childless than risk an unhappy marriage and divorce (again). The daily tragedy of an unhappy marriage is a living hell; trying to please a woman who can't or won't allow herself to be happy. 

HOLA4413
On 4/20/2017 at 8:13 PM, Austin Allegro said:

his common-law missus has been saying he's about to hit the big time as an author for about five years now! (She's very successful in her own right). 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Art-Through-Creative-Battles/dp/1936891026

If he really wants to be an author, imo it will help. If what he wants is to be a bum pretending to be an author, best if his missus doesn't read it.

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think being married with children brings happiness and fulfillment if you are somehow able to recreate the 1950s white-picket-fence family life. It's increasingly hard to do so in this day and age. Go on any MGTOW forum and you'll see there are a lot of men whose lives have been shattered by divorce and who have little or no access to their children despite having to pay for them and watch their ex-wife shack up with another man. To be honest I'd rather be slightly unhappily single and childless than risk an unhappy marriage and divorce (again). The daily tragedy of an unhappy marriage is a living hell; trying to please a woman who can't or won't allow herself to be happy. 

Agreed. The 1950s idealyic family fantasy is perfect bait though.

HOLA4415

The complicated thing is that I believe both of the above posts are true.  The secret sauce in life is balance, but it's a fine line to travel.

Oh... there's another page - meant Millaise & AA's last posts.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
On 4/23/2017 at 7:22 PM, Errol said:

Good article thanks for posting. However, it says that most men tend to allow bad behaviour from their women and then explode and lay down the law, by which time it's too late, and that it's better to do it in small doses every day right from the start. Trouble is I've tried both approaches and neither seem to work; in the end I just can't be bothered with having to have any kind of 'approach' to people I have relationships with. I find it incredibly tiresome. 

HOLA4418
51 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Good article thanks for posting. However, it says that most men tend to allow bad behaviour from their women and then explode and lay down the law, by which time it's too late, and that it's better to do it in small doses every day right from the start. Trouble is I've tried both approaches and neither seem to work; in the end I just can't be bothered with having to have any kind of 'approach' to people I have relationships with. I find it incredibly tiresome. 

Lay down the law from the first time you meet. The most successful guys I see won't transition from 'dating' into a serious relationship until she is literally begging for it. Then you can give her subtle reminders that you can leave at any time. That's a true alpha male.

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

That's why the author of the article basically advises men to not get married.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
2 hours ago, developer said:

She will love you more for it, that's a fact.

Agreed. Whilst a lapdog is useful for a woman - they have little or no respect for it. 

One of my pals always in every single relationship starts off on the wrong foot. This leads to the same issues down the line every single time. He calls it "The honeymoon period" :wacko:

Spends far too much time with them at the start, jumps in two feet first. Then 6 months down the line when he wants to do more mates time - she gets all jealous and worried that he doesn't want to spend as much time with her as he used to. I say to him over and over to start as you mean to go on and these issues won't appear. (Unless she's a complete nutjob) but he does it over and over again. Citing this ridiculous "Honeymoon" period nonsense as an excuse. 

Extremely strange as he knows it always leads to problems. 

He's been with this one three years now. And discounting trips already booked when he started seeing her (And she caused him hassle for these as well but that's another story) - he hasn't spent more than one night away from her away with the lads. 

He loves cricket but "Couldn't afford" to go away with us all to the West Indies.

Last year she wanted to go travelling so he took unpaid leave and went to South America for 10 weeks. About 2 months after buying a house with her.

He's today off to grab canaria with her for a week and is depressed about having to spend every day for her. He's depressed about going on holiday ffs !!

They have also booked up for 2 weeks in San Francisco in September. 

But he can't afford a 7 day trip to get wasted in the sun with his pals watching cricket that he loves...:rolleyes:

HOLA4423
On 22/04/2017 at 4:11 PM, Austin Allegro said:

I agree with this, and I also (somewhat paradoxically) agree that men are biologically programmed to seek happiness within a family including having children.

Yep, we're screwed. 

Men have these biological needs (in the main, allow me to generalise), yet fulfilling them is a high-wire act these days.  Even if you manage the white-picket-fence life, this is the age of Facebook, me-me-me-feminism and a pandering to female vanity.  Something will upset the missus at some point.  It's in the post. She'll wake up one day and think that the white-picket-fence life is a boring jail.  You did everything right as a man, but some Facebook friend trumps your lifelong plan because she's bragging about how her single life is so exciting after getting divorced.  That's all it takes.  The seed is sown.   How can your wife "have it all" in such a confined setting? People change.  Let me repeat that.  People change.  You marry one woman, and you divorce a different one, even though they share the same birth certificate.  How many times have I heard a bloke say "oh my Mary would never do that" only to hear later that Mary DID that.

HOLA4424
5 hours ago, ccc said:

Agreed. Whilst a lapdog is useful for a woman - they have little or no respect for it. 

One of my pals always in every single relationship starts off on the wrong foot. This leads to the same issues down the line every single time. He calls it "The honeymoon period" :wacko:

Spends far too much time with them at the start, jumps in two feet first. Then 6 months down the line when he wants to do more mates time - she gets all jealous and worried that he doesn't want to spend as much time with her as he used to. I say to him over and over to start as you mean to go on and these issues won't appear. (Unless she's a complete nutjob) but he does it over and over again. Citing this ridiculous "Honeymoon" period nonsense as an excuse. 

Extremely strange as he knows it always leads to problems. 

He's been with this one three years now. And discounting trips already booked when he started seeing her (And she caused him hassle for these as well but that's another story) - he hasn't spent more than one night away from her away with the lads. 

He loves cricket but "Couldn't afford" to go away with us all to the West Indies.

Last year she wanted to go travelling so he took unpaid leave and went to South America for 10 weeks. About 2 months after buying a house with her.

He's today off to grab canaria with her for a week and is depressed about having to spend every day for her. He's depressed about going on holiday ffs !!

They have also booked up for 2 weeks in San Francisco in September. 

But he can't afford a 7 day trip to get wasted in the sun with his pals watching cricket that he loves...:rolleyes:

I was under the impression that the 'honeymoon period' was a biological fact, caused by bonding hormones in order to ensure that a couple have sex sufficiently often so that the woman can conceive. After that the honeymoon feeling dies down by degrees and you get the 'friends' stage which lasts around seven years or so, sufficient to raise a child to an independent age. 

HOLA4425
10 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I was under the impression that the 'honeymoon period' was a biological fact, caused by bonding hormones in order to ensure that a couple have sex sufficiently often so that the woman can conceive. After that the honeymoon feeling dies down by degrees and you get the 'friends' stage which lasts around seven years or so, sufficient to raise a child to an independent age. 

I don't think he even particularly likes her. 

Archived