294 replies to this topic

#286 deadman

deadman

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:28 AM

I had a few pm's flash up on my screen last night from as far back as September 09, I don't seem to have access to them and, well, I'd like some help.
[

#287 deadman

deadman

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:36 AM

Scratch that. I've just found out after all these months what the little grey arrow function next to my username does.
[

#288 geneer

geneer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

Yeah, but random search words ain't exactly a convenient way to find historical posts are they.
Effectively most of the debate and discussion of the last few years is lost to the casual browser.

I'd suggest this is something worth sorting out.

Well?

#289 geneer

geneer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

Yeah, but random search words ain't exactly a convenient way to find historical posts are they.
Effectively most of the debate and discussion of the last few years is lost to the casual browser.

I'd suggest this is something worth sorting out.

Well?

#290 geneer

geneer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

Well?

Hello. Is Fubra in the house?

#291 Dana

Dana

HPC Regular

• Fubra Support team
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:22 AM

Geneer, sorry for not replying to your questions about the older posts earlier. I have asked our tech support to look into it and hopefully I'll be able to get back to you with more information shortly.

#292 quine

quine

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

I'm having a few problems with posting.

1) Same as above was unable to log in for several days despite being sent a new password. Very infuriating and it told me to contact the moderators for help but that of course was impossible.
2) I am unable to attach you tube videos now (despite being able to do it previously)
3) I am unable to edit my own posts even although I have tried it immediately after posting.
What is going on?
Irrational Exuberance

#293 erranta

erranta

Knows he doesn't know

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • About Me:Too old for another mortgage

- fighting slavery and serfdom by despotic 'false' leaders of mock-democracy, their mega-corps and corporatism for the next ignorant generation

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Techs

THIS has been annoying me for months since the upgrade >

When someone posts a link why don't all links open in a 'new tab' automatically like they used to on this site and do on every other site I go on.

Cheers erranta

"The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit." Proverbs Ch18 v.11

Whistle Blow!
You know 'IT' makes sense!

Exploitation & corrupt Government / Elite Rule? They have nowhere to hide if we all EXPOSE their corruption!

"Most propaganda is NOT designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give MORAL COWARDS an excuse not to think at all!"

#294 quine

quine

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

Techs

THIS has been annoying me for months since the upgrade >

When someone posts a link why don't all links open in a 'new tab' automatically like they used to on this site and do on every other site I go on.

Cheers erranta

Erranta
I doubt you'll get help. My plea for help wasn't even acknowledged.
Irrational Exuberance

#295 AteMoose

AteMoose

INTJ <- No S :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:59 AM

Yes its most annoying. The forum is broken and they don't seem able to fix it. I find myself having to use HTML markup to make a post legible. Each post is almost like creating a web page by hand!

This problem only happens in chrome...
I have bought a newish (5 years) house in November 2006. I talked the vendor down 30% off peak 2004 price am am paying less than the 2002 price. I feel prices will continue to drop down to the 2001 price but saving for 5 years hopefully means i wont be stung. The price i am paying isn't much above the price the vendor paid for the place when it was new in 2000. However some idiot is trying to flog an identical house on my road for 55k above the price i paid, one month later!?!?! The housing market is frothy, no-one ever knows what the value of a house is, the value is what someone is willing to pay, make sure you pay alot less than the asking price.

Free to collect, like ebay but you dont pay, you just have to collect

QUOTE (sledgehead)If you make a living from something, you are a professional something: it is your profession. You could bake dog turds and flog them as ornaments. If that's how you make your living, you ARE a professional dog-turd baker. Period
QUOTE (Rolling Stone 13th July 2000)The first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it's everywhere. The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.

QUOTE (Soon Not a Chain Retailer @ Aug 30 2009, 01:03 AM) Society should provide trampolines not safety nets.

QUOTE (GordonBrown Jan 27 2008 (warning about the coming inflation?))if you don't get the skills you wont get a job
if you get the skills you will earn ALOT of money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users