294 replies to this topic

#151 Executive Sadman

Executive Sadman

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,221 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

Probably been bought up before, but has the personal assistant tray gone for good? Where you can catch up on your last 10 posts? :(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#152 Nomadd

Nomadd

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

aye looks a lot better now. Good changes.

Would still be better if the add reply button was next to clear selection on the reply edit screen - scrolling down a page to get to it is overkill.

Yep, looks much better. Except YOUR posts, RichB.

It seems that the length of your Location and Interests causes the windows showing your posts to fill half the screen on my 1920x1200 24" monitor.

Seems like the site should be doing a bit of truncation of these long personal details to stop this?

Apart from that, much, much better.

Nomadd

Edited by Nomadd, 06 October 2009 - 09:52 PM.

Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home.

#153 Guest_Steve Cook_*

Guest_Steve Cook_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

The incremental changes that are happening are a bit slow for my liking. Howeve, this is easy for me to say since am not the poor sod who is having to implement them.

If these improvements keep on coming then I am more tyhan happy to accept the changes. However, the big thing for me is if the layout gets tightened up some more. Too much space. Too fluffy in an "MS Vista" kinda way.

Getting better though

Getting better

#154 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Targ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,516 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:37 AM

Sadly, IMO, the new layout sucks royally.

Can we have the old one back now please?

Realistbear has posted here for years and has contributed to the success of this site, I'm amazed that his opinions and those of others senior posters have been ignored, I've cut down my viewing of this once great site by around 80% since this 'upgrade' was applied.

There seems to be a communication problem insofar as people aren't reading, even a few posts up, before posting.

Unfortunately, the reason that we have not done this is because it's simply not possible. There were too many changes between the previous and newest versions of the forum software to simply use the old design. However, we're working as hard as possible on getting the new design to match both the previous design in terms of usability and all the new stuff that people are enjoying as a result of the upgrade - you'll just have to bear with us until we can get it sorted :-)

Thanks, Wardy, you've got a fair way to go yet, but you're getting there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lest there be any doubt.

No I believe prices will fall and am astounded that a so called Conservative led government could act in such a stupid way. As you can see from today, there are 2,000 HtB applicants and it has been on MSM none stop all day and they make up about 3.5% of a typical months mortgages.

BTL is a good potential way to bankruptcy and yes sometimes I make points to hopefully make people think.

#155 Little Professor

Little Professor

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:06 AM

The list of recent forum topics is now back on the homepage, but there seems to be some sort of bug - the title of the homepage is now the title of the latest forum topic.

Posted Image

#156 US Citizen

US Citizen

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

I have just spent the last two days unable to log into house price crash. Everytime I do it says sign in name missing. Which seems to suggest that I didnt fill in the box where you put your username. The fact remains is I did put in that box. This is a fault that the mods are probably unaware as there is no way to communicate with them unless you sign in. (Hence the reason for the post)

However do not click the button saying sign in at the top of the page. You will be doing for days as I have been doing. Instead simply enter your details on the login area above the forum posts. This seems unaffected.

Mods feel free to delete this post when you have fixed the problem. If I couldnt have gotton in today, compounded with the changes in template, I can honestly I would have left and given it up as a bad job. Sort it out please.

Edited by Rt. Hon. Lord Mandelson, 07 October 2009 - 09:14 AM.

Lucifer gave Man, knowledge in the Garden of Eden.

#157 Y-QUERK

Y-QUERK

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,834 posts
  • About Me:Clock Watching
    Flipping Properties,
    Being an MP

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:22 AM

Did you wash your hands first? That always gets me.
Big Hugs for All.

#158 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,566 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

did you try the "back door"?
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#159 RichB

RichB

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

Yep, looks much better. Except YOUR posts, RichB.

It seems that the length of your Location and Interests causes the windows showing your posts to fill half the screen on my 1920x1200 24" monitor.

Seems like the site should be doing a bit of truncation of these long personal details to stop this?

Aye - at least they've trimmed out the white space from it - now it doesn't quite cover an entire screen any more :P

#160 Guest_X-QUORK_*

Guest_X-QUORK_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:49 AM

I choose to not see signatures, they rarely contain anything worth reading and take up too much space. Since the upgrade I suspect the long blank spaces underneath some posters comments are the signature areas without the actual text. Please correct.

#161 muggle

muggle

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:41 AM

I have just spent the last two days unable to log into house price crash. Everytime I do it says sign in name missing....

Thanks LM, I was getting paranoid for a moment!
:unsure:
War is peace; freedom is slavery; ignorance is strength; shared equity is help.

#162 RichB

RichB

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

I choose to not see signatures, they rarely contain anything worth reading and take up too much space. Since the upgrade I suspect the long blank spaces underneath some posters comments are the signature areas without the actual text. Please correct.

Its the sig info on the left.

OOOOh they've trimmed the excess fat off :)

Very well done Wardy + co. Much better. Thanks!

Edited by RichB, 07 October 2009 - 10:45 AM.

#163 Bear Monger

Bear Monger

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

Any news on the old skin coming back (the one that is in beta for the current software version of the board before anyway asks)? Traffic has dropped off a cliff and there seems to be a lack of new topics and replies since the new skin came online.

#164 Little Professor

Little Professor

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:09 AM

Confirmed

#165 bomberbrown

bomberbrown

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,984 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

I hate to moan, but can we at least get rid of this awful font?? I don't know what it is but its really hard on the eye!!

Surely, 2 minute job?

Posted Image
In the 1950s Local Authorities built over 200,000 homes per year. In 2004 they built just 133.
Housing - Trends in tenure and cross tenure topics (general)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users