294 replies to this topic

#136 monty1080

monty1080

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:30 PM

We're aware of this issue, getting hold of this info is one of the major changes in the latest version of the software so it'll take a little bit to replicate again.

Thanks
Mmmmmmm cheese.

#137 DrGUID

DrGUID

HPC Regular

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • About Me:Soon mortgage free!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

I don't like the new look so I don't think I'll post here anymore. There's more to life than houseprices anyway.

#138 Timm

Timm

Black Horse Apocalypse

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts
  • About Me:Bull.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

Not all my posts are appearing. (Fine in off topic, but not yet appeared in the Halifax thread).

Am I on Mod approval? If so, why?

If not, there is a huge lag problem.

edit: This one appeared straight away...

2nd EDIT: OK, got it now. It's a cut and paste glitch. I was pasting into the post without going into the HTML editor first. The board obviously thinks the post is empty and ignores it. It would be nice if it flagged this up...

Edited by Timm, 06 October 2009 - 12:53 PM.

Less credit - more money.

And I beheld a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a days wages, and three measures of barley for a days wages; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

#139 gruffydd

gruffydd

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,362 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:51 PM

Are you aware that forum traffic has fallen right off? It would make commercial sense to revert to the old design immediately. I for one can hardly bear to stay on the forum for more than 5 minutes a day. The design and usability is completely dire! It's almost as though the forum is being undermined on purpose. Tragic!

Simple answer - revert back to the old design.

Edited by gruffydd, 06 October 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#140 Wardy

Wardy

HPC Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

Simple answer - revert back to the old design.

Unfortunately, the reason that we have not done this is because it's simply not possible. There were too many changes between the previous and newest versions of the forum software to simply use the old design. However, we're working as hard as possible on getting the new design to match both the previous design in terms of usability and all the new stuff that people are enjoying as a result of the upgrade - you'll just have to bear with us until we can get it sorted :-)

#141 AteMoose

AteMoose

INTJ <- No S :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

Yeah :) resize is half fixed... the screen fashes when you click on a link now which is annoying but less annoying that mini size
I have bought a newish (5 years) house in November 2006. I talked the vendor down 30% off peak 2004 price am am paying less than the 2002 price. I feel prices will continue to drop down to the 2001 price but saving for 5 years hopefully means i wont be stung. The price i am paying isn't much above the price the vendor paid for the place when it was new in 2000. However some idiot is trying to flog an identical house on my road for 55k above the price i paid, one month later!?!?! The housing market is frothy, no-one ever knows what the value of a house is, the value is what someone is willing to pay, make sure you pay alot less than the asking price.

Free to collect, like ebay but you dont pay, you just have to collect

QUOTE (sledgehead)If you make a living from something, you are a professional something: it is your profession. You could bake dog turds and flog them as ornaments. If that's how you make your living, you ARE a professional dog-turd baker. Period
QUOTE (Rolling Stone 13th July 2000)The first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it's everywhere. The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.

QUOTE (Soon Not a Chain Retailer @ Aug 30 2009, 01:03 AM) Society should provide trampolines not safety nets.

QUOTE (GordonBrown Jan 27 2008 (warning about the coming inflation?))if you don't get the skills you wont get a job
if you get the skills you will earn ALOT of money

#142 yellerkat

yellerkat

Meh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:45 PM

Yeah :) resize is half fixed... the screen fashes when you click on a link now which is annoying but less annoying that mini size

(half) Yay! Posted Image

Posted Image

#143 AteMoose

AteMoose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

(half) Yay! Posted Image

yeah, but it is annoying, can the resize occur before the page is displayed, pretty please with cherries ontop
I have bought a newish (5 years) house in November 2006. I talked the vendor down 30% off peak 2004 price am am paying less than the 2002 price. I feel prices will continue to drop down to the 2001 price but saving for 5 years hopefully means i wont be stung. The price i am paying isn't much above the price the vendor paid for the place when it was new in 2000. However some idiot is trying to flog an identical house on my road for 55k above the price i paid, one month later!?!?! The housing market is frothy, no-one ever knows what the value of a house is, the value is what someone is willing to pay, make sure you pay alot less than the asking price.

QUOTE (sledgehead)If you make a living from something, you are a professional something: it is your profession. You could bake dog turds and flog them as ornaments. If that's how you make your living, you ARE a professional dog-turd baker. Period
QUOTE (Rolling Stone 13th July 2000)The first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it's everywhere. The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.

QUOTE (Soon Not a Chain Retailer @ Aug 30 2009, 01:03 AM) Society should provide trampolines not safety nets.

QUOTE (GordonBrown Jan 27 2008 (warning about the coming inflation?))if you don't get the skills you wont get a job

#144 Wardy

Wardy

HPC Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

yeah, but it is annoying, can the resize occur before the page is displayed, pretty please with cherries ontop

This should be fixed now. The problem of disappearing posts may also be alleviated to an extent as we were having a server issue. Can anyone let me know if they're still experiencing this problem, and also if it's (as Timm suggested) to do with copying + pasting your reply into the post reply box. The signatures should also be behaving themselves now, and I'm looking into the photo upload issue.

#145 yellerkat

yellerkat

Meh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:31 PM

This should be fixed now.

Resize stable for me now!

Posted Image

#146 stew

stew

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

I like the tweaks that have been done - it's much, much better. I think it;s even better than the original now. - Thanks B)

PS. I hope that links placed in posts now open in a new window !
Video: Merryn Somerset Webb, MoneyWeek editor, on UK house prices (Oct 2007)

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

#147 Realistbear

Realistbear

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,317 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:05 PM

Sadly, IMO, the new layout sucks royally.

Can we have the old one back now please?
CRIMBOCASTS for y/e 2013

1. The Euro will have another bad year and may hit parity with the US$ before the end of the year.
2. The Pound will not move much against the dollar (range 1.47-1.60) but is likely to regain a lot of ground verses the Euro which may not survive. US $ will be a safe bet, especially ST bonds and large caps.
3. Stocks should finish moderately higher than 2012 barring a war with Korea and Iran.
4. Gold will not be flying to the moon (again) and will bitterly disappoint (again) any who got in during the run up in 2011.
5. House prices: Flattish to up single digits overall..
6. Not much in the way of inflation again this year--those who forecast hyperinflation will be proven wrong (again--as in 2011 and 2012)
7. Could see a snap GE after the May elections which will be the worst result EVER for Dave. UKIP continue to make headway and will be number 3 before year end.

#148 PricedOutNative

PricedOutNative

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

Realistbear has posted here for years and has contributed to the success of this site, I'm amazed that his opinions and those of others senior posters have been ignored, I've cut down my viewing of this once great site by around 80% since this 'upgrade' was applied.

Sadly, IMO, the new layout sucks royally.

Can we have the old one back now please?

#149 AteMoose

AteMoose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

Its better than before, It feels more compact and clean and it works on my laptop however I have a full HD display. I think other users might find it still uses too much space/everything is too big.

#150 RichB

RichB

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

aye looks a lot better now. Good changes.

Would still be better if the add reply button was next to clear selection on the reply edit screen - scrolling down a page to get to it is overkill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users