Techy

Forum Upgrade Issues

When I try to post to a thread, I get a message that I must enter a post. Effectively, I cannot post to that thread, although i see that others can. What's that about?

And how do you find them?

When I look back to the earliest thread on the main forum its dated Nov 09.

So are all the historical debates/discussions lost then?

No wonder the bulls feel free to rewrite history.

I found this one in under a minute note the search words.

Nearly 3 years back

Yeah, but random search words ain't exactly a convenient way to find historical posts are they.

Effectively most of the debate and discussion of the last few years is lost to the casual browser.

I'd suggest this is something worth sorting out.

I have just spent the last two days unable to log into house price crash. Everytime I do it says sign in name missing. Which seems to suggest that I didnt fill in the box where you put your username. The fact remains is I did put in that box. This is a fault that the mods are probably unaware as there is no way to communicate with them unless you sign in. (Hence the reason for the post)

However do not click the button saying sign in at the top of the page. You will be doing for days as I have been doing. Instead simply enter your details on the login area above the forum posts. This seems unaffected.

Mods feel free to delete this post when you have fixed the problem. If I couldnt have gotton in today, compounded with the changes in template, I can honestly I would have left and given it up as a bad job. Sort it out please.

OH MY SWEET JE5US!! THANK YOU Missed the boat!! I was trying (off and on) for a couple of months to log in!! i clicked on "lost password" tried hitting "return" instead of clicking "sign-in" etc. I was losing the will to live!!

Then, when I did log in, I couldn't find your post to reply to for some reason?! it vanished.

Never mind.

I had a few pm's flash up on my screen last night from as far back as September 09, I don't seem to have access to them and, well, I'd like some help.

Yeah, but random search words ain't exactly a convenient way to find historical posts are they.

Effectively most of the debate and discussion of the last few years is lost to the casual browser.

Well?

Well?

Geneer, sorry for not replying to your questions about the older posts earlier. I have asked our tech support to look into it and hopefully I'll be able to get back to you with more information shortly.

I'm having a few problems with posting.

1) Same as above was unable to log in for several days despite being sent a new password. Very infuriating and it told me to contact the moderators for help but that of course was impossible.

2) I am unable to attach you tube videos now (despite being able to do it previously)

3) I am unable to edit my own posts even although I have tried it immediately after posting.

What is going on?

Techs

THIS has been annoying me for months since the upgrade >

When someone posts a link why don't all links open in a 'new tab' automatically like they used to on this site and do on every other site I go on.

Cheers erranta

Techs

THIS has been annoying me for months since the upgrade >

When someone posts a link why don't all links open in a 'new tab' automatically like they used to on this site and do on every other site I go on.

Cheers erranta

Erranta

I doubt you'll get help. My plea for help wasn't even acknowledged.

Yes its most annoying. The forum is broken and they don't seem able to fix it. I find myself having to use HTML markup to make a post legible. Each post is almost like creating a web page by hand!

This problem only happens in chrome...