HOLA441
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

Thought I'd make a quick post to let you know we are aware of and fixing issues as quickly as possible...

Several people have noticed site timeouts and proxy errors - this is caused by an upgrade script working away in the background to upgrade the database to work with the new forum software. Unfortunately it has to scan every topic and post in the database and as a result the database is taking a good pounding. We've decided to stop the upgrade script for a while and finish running it out of hours tonight to reduce the number of errors people are getting.

I'll update this thread with any other server-end issues we become aware of, but it should be running fairly smoothly at the moment. Please post any server related issues on this thread.

Many thanks,

Mark

HOLA443
Guest X-QUORK

I'll update this thread with any other server-end issues we become aware of, but it should be running fairly smoothly at the moment. Please post any server related issues on this thread.

For clarity then, this is not a thread for general complaints regarding the new upgrade, only upgrade server issues?

Might need to edit the topic title.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

There is ALOT of wasted space, might be a good thing on other forums but HPC sees ALOT of posts and space is at a premium.

My main issue... Starting to get a dose of carpal tunnel from all the scrolling to see what should be about 5 lines of text...

HOLA448
HOLA449

I don't think there is anything wrong with the new forum software, however it needs some serious re-skinning and fixing to make it more workable. The current skin is just broken

Two other bugs:

if you hover over text in the forum, the text jiggles around due to a css bug.

The Bull/Bear text next to each name is out of alignment

There is ALOT of wasted space, might be a good thing on other forums but HPC sees ALOT of posts and space is at a premium.

Peoples sigs are overlapping forum buttons, and they are unclear, Comments in sigs are now broken

Pinned topics are indistinguishable from normal topics

Comments are in green?

Interests are now shown

Edited by moosetea

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Hi Guys,

Today we've simultaneously upgraded the site to the new version 3 of the IPB forum software, and also moved the hosting to a new server cluster. Unfortunately the old skins were not compatible with the newer forum software, so we had to create new ones. Whilst the header and footer have remained pretty much the same, the inner skeleton of the forum has changed with IPB 3. Although we can't completely revert to the old version of IPB, we will try to improve this new layout where possible.

Let's keep track of both server issues, and general style issues in this thread.

Here's some issues that I think need fixing....

• Need to restore the Lo-fi version
  • Bull or bear link doesn't line up correctly in the poster profile column.
  • Broken image on my poster profile.

Mark, Dawid and Matt will be checking this thread for issues and fixing them as they arise, so please use this as the main place for recording any problems.

Paul

HOLA4413

For clarity then, this is not a thread for general complaints regarding the new upgrade, only upgrade server issues?

Might need to edit the topic title.

Please report any issues, server or design issues in this thread.

Edited by Techy
I changed my mind

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Minor issues

1. External URL Links are opening in the same window, previously they would open in a new window/tab.

2. Black text on the Thread lists, replacing the blueish colour, might abate some of the negative comments about design.

To end on a positive.

The forum is much faster, e.g. browsing threads, posting and edit posts.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

This thread is saying 15 replies but 0 views......

The baby blue background is not pleasing on the old mince pies

You can not read text that ends up under the red and green +&- buttons on each post......

Thanks Tech chap

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

This thread is saying 15 replies but 0 views......

The baby blue background is not pleasing on the old mince pies

You can not read text that ends up under the red and green +&- buttons on each post......

Thanks Tech chap

Love the sig Bosh.

The colours are way off, its a right mess.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425