interestrateripoff

Just Paid £1 Off My Mortgage With 2p I've Found On The Floor

1 hour ago, Economic Exile said:

Total findings now £5.07. Best find to date was a £2 coin. Already picked up two 5p's this morning 🙂

Took me years to find a £2 coin. Don't think too many people would walk past and not pick up.

Found a pound on the floor on my walk to work yesterday. B)

On 04/03/2017 at 9:18 PM, interestrateripoff said:

The magazine seems a worthless choice and the gourmet membership might be ok if you eat out already. For me the cinema tickets are great value.

I've had the Gourmet Club membership for several years now and never remember to use it, so have gone for Bike magazine this time round. Always like reading motorbike magazines but hate paying for them! I hate the cinema experience too...

6 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Found a pound on the floor on my walk to work yesterday. B)

I've had the Gourmet Club membership for several years now and never remember to use it, so have gone for Bike magazine this time round. Always like reading motorbike magazines but hate paying for them! I hate the cinema experience too...

If you eat out at restaurants the Gourmet club might be a good deal. Forgetting to use it seems rather expensive!

Only found copper this week.

8 hours ago, interestrateripoff said:

Took me years to find a £2 coin. Don't think too many people would walk past and not pick up.

I'm looking when walking dog. The £2 coin looked as if it had been there a while snuggled under an offshoot from a leylandi hedge. I only noticed it because dog stopped to sniff. The dog used to piss me off constantly stopping to sniff but now I see it as an advantage for looking for coins!

Well, coin spotting overall gives a bit of relief from the monotony of life! And the dog doesn't get harassed for stopping all the time! 😀

juvenal   
1 hour ago, Economic Exile said:

I'm looking when walking dog. The £2 coin looked as if it had been there a while snuggled under an offshoot from a leylandi hedge. I only noticed it because dog stopped to sniff. The dog used to piss me off constantly stopping to sniff but now I see it as an advantage for looking for coins!

Well, coin spotting overall gives a bit of relief from the monotony of life! And the dog doesn't get harassed for stopping all the time! 😀

Truffle hunters have truffle dogs. Police use cadaver dogs. Maybe you've got yourself a 'coin hound'? 

I collect 50p's with interesting non standard designs. They are worth more than face value on eBay. 

fun to find them also. 

Found another Morrisons voucher today with 8000 points on it, so £15 in a week.  Had a 4000 points one as well but I gave that to someone in the car park to use.  Plus got 5% back for using the debit card.

Found 6p last night as well, the wife hoped no one saw me pick it up!

Anyone else collect McDonalds coffee stickers? Had an awesome month on that front, finding enough for two free coffees (saving over 3 quid in the process).

7 hours ago, interestrateripoff said:

Found another Morrisons voucher today with 8000 points on it, so £15 in a week.  Had a 4000 points one as well but I gave that to someone in the car park to use.  Plus got 5% back for using the debit card.

Found 6p last night as well, the wife hoped no one saw me pick it up!

Is that the TSB card? From experience, if you try to buy any nearly out of date discounts in Morrisons with your 5% cashback TSB wireless card, the system wont accept the payment. Trying to game things too much.

1 minute ago, rantnrave said:

Is that the TSB card? From experience, if you try to buy any nearly out of date discounts in Morrisons with your 5% cashback TSB wireless card, the system wont accept the payment. Trying to game things too much.

Same banking family, Halifax.

Rave   
1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

Anyone else collect McDonalds coffee stickers? Had an awesome month on that front, finding enough for two free coffees (saving over 3 quid in the process).

I do. Anyway, don't restrict yourself to the coffee stickers, for the next month it's the annual McDonalds Monopoly promotion. There are stickers attached to every medium or large drink and fries, McFlurries, and the various posh types of sandwich (but not big macs and the like). A large proportion of people forget to peel the stickers, and like littering. Peel them off and you can win free grub, or if you're very lucky, some sort of prize. It's a bit harder for me this year now I'm not working at bus garages (lots of McDonalds littering on buses), but I might head out at midnight with a pair of gloves to raid the bins at my local drive thru. Was like hitting the motherlode last time I did that.

Edited by Rave

EmmaRoid   
9 minutes ago, Rave said:

I do. Anyway, don't restrict yourself to the coffee stickers, for the next month it's the annual McDonalds Monopoly promotion. There are stickers attached to every medium or large drink and fries, McFlurries, and the various posh types of sandwich (but not big macs and the like). A large proportion of people forget to peel the stickers, and like littering. Peel them off and you can win free grub, or if you're very lucky, some sort of prize. It's a bit harder for me this year now I'm not working at bus garages (lots of McDonalds littering on buses), but I might head out at midnight with a pair of gloves to raid the bins at my local drive thru. Was like hitting the motherlode last time I did that.

Living the dream, mate. :lol:

Can't you clear enough from matched betting to not have to womble around picking crap off the floor and out of bins?

Rave   

Still got my massive inheritance in the bank, so I don't need to do it. I'm really hoping to win the hundred grand cash or a Mini, but I'll eat the free food, would be rude not to! I still very occasionally go and do some actual bin raiding for old times sake, though it's much harder to find a decent bin- I blame eastern europeans for getting them all locked away, but I digress.

Anyway, you don't need to raid bins, if you see a McDonalds chip carton on the floor, kick it over to see if the sticker is still on it, and if it is, peel it off!

Edited by Rave

Rave   

@24 year mortgage 8itch

Tonights haul: 4 of "McFlurry or Cheeseburger", 3 of "Apple Pie or Sundae", 1 of "Any Hot Drink" and 1 of "Medium Extra Value Meal". And enough other stickers for several NowTV passes, apparently. Not bad, IMO.

4 hours ago, Rave said:

@24 year mortgage 8itch

Tonights haul: 4 of "McFlurry or Cheeseburger", 3 of "Apple Pie or Sundae", 1 of "Any Hot Drink" and 1 of "Medium Extra Value Meal". And enough other stickers for several NowTV passes, apparently. Not bad, IMO.

A proper feast there.

Never actually gone looking for them though. I wonder what percentage never gets claimed and if its any of the big prizes?

Rave   
3 hours ago, interestrateripoff said:

A proper feast there.

Never actually gone looking for them though. I wonder what percentage never gets claimed and if its any of the big prizes?

Well my 'hit rate' of unpeeled cartons is probably 1 in 5, so about 20%. There's a reasonable chance they'll not pay out at least one of the £100k prizes, I reckon. I've been doing it for years and never found one of the rare stickers, but I live in hope!

EmmaRoid   
8 hours ago, Rave said:

@24 year mortgage 8itch

As appetising as it sounds, I'm afraid it still doesn't pass my own personal sniff test. The local town centre MaccyDs closed in 2007 and the out of town one is that, out of town. Time would be better spent doing +EV offers.

Rave   

Fair enough. There are three drive-thrus withing a 2 mile radius of my house, so for me the EV is reasonable if not great! :P

On 27/03/2017 at 8:19 PM, interestrateripoff said:

New £1 coin out tomorrow, who'll be the first to post they've found one?

Seems I win.  Just 6 weeks.

Won't pay this one in, will keep it in coin book.

1 hour ago, interestrateripoff said:

Seems I win.  Just 6 weeks.

Won't pay this one in, will keep it in coin book.

Found one two weeks ago - just forgot to post about it here.

£5.01 finds last month - best of the year so far. 61p in May to date.

Free chips, breakfast burger and drink from mcds too

juvenal   

£1 scored from a Waitrose trolley abandoned in the car park by someone in a hurry.

Otherwise it's been like that cowboy in Dr Strangelove - Slim Pickens....