House Price Crash Forum

Auction - Barnard Marcus - 179 Lots

tommyboy

HOLA441

Live Auction

| Barnard Marcus LiveLink | Barnard Marcus Order of Sale | Lot 1 Details with Next to Lot 2 etc |

Today's auction from Barnard Marcus has 179 lots going under the hammer.

If you have local knowledge about any of the lots please post onto the thread - It's the local information that gives us the stories behind the figures.

Today's Live Auctionfrom: Barnard Marcus Auction 26/01/2009 All LiveLink information and live data feeds are provided by EI Group

Summary

Total sold properties: 95

Total unsold properties: 56

Total no bids: 0

Total sold prior properties: 12

Total withdrawn properties: 2

Total sold properties with price paid info: 48

Total sold / unsold properties with pricepaid info: 73

Total sales (sold properties): £9,561,750

Total sales (all properties based on highest bid): £15,357,500

Total profit loss (only sold properties with price paid info) : -£2,217,343 (-32.9%)

Total profit loss (all properties based on highest bid with price paid info) : -£2,984,993 (-29.5%)

Total peak value: £15,123,236

Total loss from peak: -£7,998,736

Total loss from peak %: -52.89%

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
i love these auctions but they never put prices next to the properties. the books have a supplementry page if your lucky, and the web site just doesn't mention the reserve? whats with that. it makes it almost unusable from a thinking about it perspective.

The online catalogues put the guide prices, the guide prices became closer and closer to reserve after Summer last year so reserve became relatively easier to judge. Also, for unsold properties, post auction they print what an acceptable offer would be.

HOLA445
The online catalogues put the guide prices, the guide prices became closer and closer to reserve after Summer last year so reserve became relatively easier to judge. Also, for unsold properties, post auction they print what an acceptable offer would be.

yeah, but they are still seperate, when you look at the photo of the property, there is no guide. The guide price is on the other link, but that only has a line of text with the address.

not whinging, just moaning a little.

HOLA446

Looking at the order of sale, there seems to be more "sold prior" than we have seen recently (including 2 out of the 4 prime london lots), plus a lot more "Refer" in the guide price than I have seen before. Is this a sign of the auction market being about to turn, and if so, is it a general turn....................or the infamous "bull trap"?

HOLA447
HOLA448
Live Auction

| Barnard Marcus LiveLink | Barnard Marcus Order of Sale | Lot 1 Details with Next to Lot 2 etc |

If you have local knowledge about any of the lots please post onto the thread - It's the local information that gives us the stories behind the figures.

Today's Live Auctionfrom: Barnard Marcus Auction 26/01/2009 All LiveLink information and live data feeds are provided by EI Group

View summary of this auction

I viewed lot 159 last week. Better than it looks. Ex LA property in a nice village but a couple of issues. First, some doubt over ownership of land across road which seems to have been taken off deeds by previous owner before repo'd leading to posible parking issues. (not sure how this could be done without mortgagor agreement!!). Second big crack in outside wall next to stairs that could become expensive if underpinning needed. Other than that, nice place in nice village that could become a nice home for somebody but not me. 70 grand guide if 15-20 needs spending is about right but if structural work required then questionable. House in same road on for 160 with downstairs extension would get about 135 I guess if in good condition.

HOLA449

Tommyboy, I have missed this regular entertainment, thanks for all the effort you put in, I shall be dropping by during the day to see how it's going

HOLA4410
Live Auction

View summary of this auction

It's fun to watch live! No need to book time off work to see an auction in progress!

HOLA4411

Lot 13 ( Guide Price: Withdrawn Prior )

Vendor: Barnard Marcus

Address: Withdrawn Prior

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Withdrawn Prior © Barnard Marcus

Map: No Map Data for this property

Last Sold Price: No data found for this property - Click here to search

Auction Result: Withdrawn Prior

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4412

Lot 75 used to be offices (possibly a maritime themed insurance company). They bunged a new facade on and tried to flog the flats off for quite high prices. Our EA told us that they were struggling to sell them and had to drop the prices quite considerably. It's right on a very busy main road (2 lanes in each direction), not too far from drunken students.

Lot 86 is just thin air isn't it?! :lol:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Lot 42 ( Guide Price: Sold Prior )

Address: 19 Schooner Close, Barking, Essex, IG11

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Semi-Detached House Two Floor Three Room(s) Garden Garage/s Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Map: Click Here

Last Sold Price: £210,000 on 21/07/2005

Auction Result: Sold Prior

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4415

Lot 5 ( Guide Price: Refer )

Address: 2 Russell Road, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO15

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Semi-Detached House Two Floor 6 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £175,000 on 11/06/2007

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £126,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £49,000 ( 28% ) since purchase on 11/06/2007.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Lot 7 ( Guide Price: 120 )

Address: 5 Micheldever Road, Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor 4 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £114,000 on 26/07/2002

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £115,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £1,000 ( 0.9% ) since purchase on 26/07/2002.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Lot 7 ( Guide Price: 120 )

Address: 5 Micheldever Road, Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor 4 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £114,000 on 26/07/2002

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £115,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Profit of £1,000 ( 0.9% ) since purchase on 26/07/2002.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4420

Lot 8 ( Guide Price: Refer )

Address: 38 Speedwell Place, Conniburrow, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Terrace House Three Floor 4 Room(s) Garden Parking Space Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £97,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4421

Lot 9 ( Guide Price: Refer )

Address: Flat 6, Heathfield Court, 4 Cedar Gardens, Sutton, Surrey, SM2

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold Ground / 1st Floor Purpose Built Maisonette 4 Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £140,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4422

Lot 10 ( Guide Price: 70 Plus )

Address: 33 Meridian Court, Thames Road, Grays, Essex, RM17

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 3rd Floor Purpose Built Self-Contained Flat Two Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £66,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4423
Lot 10 ( Guide Price: 70 Plus )

Address: 33 Meridian Court, Thames Road, Grays, Essex, RM17

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 3rd Floor Purpose Built Self-Contained Flat Two Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £66,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

Got this off NetHousePrices:

Meridian Court Thames Road,

Grays,

Thurrock,

RM17 6JT £155,995

Flat

Leasehold

New Build 07-Jul-2006

Map

Sold £66,000

57% loss.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Lot 8 ( Guide Price: Refer )

Address: 38 Speedwell Place, Conniburrow, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Terrace House Three Floor 4 Room(s) Garden Parking Space Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £97,000 )

You wouldn't have got a 1 bed flat under £100k at the dizzy heights on Conniburrow.

Edited by the anti krust