Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peterduckett

Ftb Leicester Need Advice On Findings

6 posts in this topic

My partner and i have seen a house on the market priced at £135,000 and has been on the market for over 300 days.

The house looks like nothing has ever been done and has air heating and a miss mash of double glazing and non double glazing with some of the double glazed units blown or old aliminum type. The house looks structally sound but may also need re-wiring.

Now my Reasearch How much to offer

Around the corner thier is a comparble house in size but with UPVC double glazing and GCH and the finish is remarkable priced at £130,000 which has not sold

Going to the next village just a mile away a house sold for £120,000 again with UPVC double glazing, GCH and another remarkable finish.

So dose that put the actual market value of this house below £120,000

Thier has been two houses that have sold on this street in June 2008 one for £145,000 which does have double glazing and GCH and another for £131,000 which is repectivly a simular condition to this on im viewing

Putting these prices though nationwides value calculator the come to £130,000 and £116,000 respectivly

The closes house that i can find that has been sold recently was november 2008 two road over for £121,000 with double glazing and air heating.

Now the hard part what to offer bering in mind it need work and prices around the area.
Should i come in at £106,000 and aim to finish at £112,000 or is that too cheeky

Any help

Have you got a thing about double glazing ? :rolleyes:

If you and your partner are genuine FTB'ers for gods sake wait , in 12 months time you will get something much better for your money than the sh1thole you're currently thinking about putting a offer on .......... Edited by grey shark

[quote name='peterduckett' post='1588300' date='Jan 14 2009, 07:59 PM']My partner and i have seen a house on the market priced at £135,000 and has been on the market for over 300 days.

The house looks like nothing has ever been done and has air heating and a miss mash of double glazing and non double glazing with some of the double glazed units blown or old aliminum type. The house looks structally sound but may also need re-wiring.

Now my Reasearch How much to offer

Around the corner thier is a comparble house in size but with UPVC double glazing and GCH and the finish is remarkable priced at £130,000 which has not sold

Going to the next village just a mile away a house sold for £120,000 again with UPVC double glazing, GCH and another remarkable finish.

So dose that put the actual market value of this house below £120,000

Thier has been two houses that have sold on this street in June 2008 one for £145,000 which does have double glazing and GCH and another for £131,000 which is repectivly a simular condition to this on im viewing

Putting these prices though nationwides value calculator the come to £130,000 and £116,000 respectivly

The closes house that i can find that has been sold recently was november 2008 two road over for £121,000 with double glazing and air heating.

Now the hard part what to offer bering in mind it need work and prices around the area.
Should i come in at £106,000 and aim to finish at £112,000 or is that too cheeky

Any help[/quote]
Cum at $112,00, and meybe if they if £115,000, air heating or double glazing and yuo put it right thene depends on your money, 300 days.

If I were you and serious and I not, try £70k, unless you love it and its looks sound and it don't matter then pay with your life or 300 years at £135,000, not a pennyless. Mishmash.

Anyway, I'd guess, a popular opinion may be aim for 50%ish off peak offers, 30% off peak if your desperate to move. If they don't bite your offer, offer elsewhere.

Where in Leicester?????

As grey shark says sounds like a shithole . You say it needs windows well theres £3000 rewiring £3000 I bet the kitchen and bathroom need replacing another £7000 ,air central heating problably knackered to replace with new central heating system £5000 , add on cost of carpets and decorating another £3000 ,youre looking at £20000 +

I wouldnt bother , unless you can get it for £80000 and dont mind living in a building site for the next 12 months.

Where in Leicester?????

As grey shark says sounds like a shithole . You say it needs windows well theres £3000 rewiring £3000 I bet the kitchen and bathroom need replacing another £7000 ,air central heating problably knackered to replace with new central heating system £5000 , add on cost of carpets and decorating another £3000 ,youre looking at £20000 +

I wouldnt bother , unless you can get it for £80000 and dont mind living in a building site for the next 12 months.

To the original poster, if you know the address, look up how much was paid by the current owner.